1How do I get a Zoom account?
Go to Zoom.com and sign up with the same email address that you used to sign up for the 5-Hour Pre-Licensing Zoom Course.
2How do I access the 5-Hour Pre-Licensing Zoom Course?
• Email sent – once you received our email with the instructions, follow the prompts and links, then sign in with your First and Last name only, that you provided during registration (this would be your unique Username) • Accept Full audio and Full video • Student is sent to the waiting room, once all of the participants have entered the classroom, the instructor will admit everyone, and the class begins.
3Are there breaks during the class?
Yes, there are 2 breaks that are for 10 minutes apiece.
4Upon completion of the 5-Hour Pre-Licensing Zoom Course, how would I receive my certificate?
Certificates are located at our office at 3315 Bailey Ave, Buffalo, NY 14215 (across the street from ABC Hardware & Bailey Seafood).
5How long is the certificate valid for?
It is valid for 1 year from the issuance date.
6How do I schedule my road test?
You can call 1(518) 402-2100 (there is a fee per call) or visit the DMV website at https://dmv.ny.gov/schedule-road-test (there is no fee).
7Do I need the certificate to schedule my road test?
Yes. There is information on the certificate that you will be asked to provide when you are in the process of scheduling your road test.
8Do I need to keep my certificate of completion?
Yes. You must provide it to the DMV examiner when you take your road test.
9What happens if I lose my certificate?
• A duplicate can be provided by the Buffalo Driving School, only if it is lost before the expiration date, the cost of the replacement is $20.00 • If you lose your certificate and it has expired, you will have to take the 5-Hour Pre-Licensing Course over and the fee is $40 for the class.
10Do I have to wait to schedule my road test?
• Only if you are under the age of 18. • If you are 18 years or older you can schedule the road test right away.
11Why do I have to wait to schedule my road test (under 18 years)?
The DMV would like you to drive for a minimum of 50 hours with supervision before you can schedule the road test.
12How long is the wait to schedule my road test (under 18 years)?
6 MONTHS from the issuance date of your Learners Permit.
13Who schedules my road test?
You would, unless you are a lesson package taking student, then in that case the Buffalo Driving School would.
14Can the Buffalo Driving School schedule my road test?
If you are a lesson package taking student, yes, we can.
15Can I use one of the cars from the Buffalo Driving School for the road test?
• Yes, but only if you are a lesson package taking student with the Buffalo Driving School. • If you are not a lesson package taking student then you would have to provide a NYS registered vehicle that is insured, and the individual driving you must be 21 years of age (or older) with a valid NYS License.
16What is the difference between Drivers Education and Driving Lessons?
• Driver’s Education is a course of study, for high school students, that teaches the techniques of driving a vehicle, along with basic vehicle maintenance, safety precautions, and traffic regulations and laws. This is only offered through High Schools. • Driving Lessons are sessions that involve driving practice and theory with a driving instructor. This is offered through the Buffalo Driving School.
17My Learners Permit has not come in the mail yet, can I use my paper copy of the Learners Permit to take the 5-Hour Pre-Licensing Course?
Yes, as long as it is a Learners Permit and your actual client ID numbers are on it and correct.
18Does the Buffalo Driving School offer the 6-hour NYS Point & Insurance Reduction Course (Defensive Driving Course)?
Yes, we offer the class once a month. It will be offered on a Saturday at 9am on site within our classroom located at 3315 Bailey Ave. There is a $50 fee and on site is cash only.
19What are the benefits of taking this course?
You would save 10% on your auto insurance and would be able to reduce up to 4 points off of your driving record; making the certificate valid for 3 years.
20What would I need to bring in to take this course?
Your driver’s license for identification purposes, your payment, and you are required to wear a mask.
21Who sponsors this course?
The Empire Safety Council is the sponsor.
22Is the Defensive Driving Course offered online?
Yes, it is. You would go to our website at https://www.buffalodrivingschools.com/, click the link and it will take you to the course. The cost is $50 as well.
23 How would I receive my certificate?
Certificates are issued through the Empire Safety Council and they are sent to the address that the participant has provided.
24Who would I call if I do not receive my certificate or if I lose it?
You would call the Empire Safety Council at 1(800) 246-3603 or visit their website at www.safetycourses.com.